Yes, it is warm enough to grill/mid 50ºs and perfect weather for a grill’n it all on the grill again, sausage and peppers sandwich Monday memory.
Author Notes: “It’s too hot to turn the oven on, and I don’t want to stand over a stove or heat up the kitchen. So I grilled peppers, onions, sausages, and rolls for an Italian street food favorite. Maybe this qualifies as “Fair Food” as well.” —ibbeachnana
- 1 1/2pounds assorted peppers
- 1-2large sweet onions, Vidalia and Red, 1/2 inches slices
- 2-3tablespoons Olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs, basil, oregano, rosemary
- 4Italian, Chicago, hoagie or sub rolls, split brushed with oil and grilled, rub toasted insides with a garlic clove
- 4garlic cloves, peeled
- Grated provolone
- 4 Italian sausage links, hot and sweet
- Brush peppers and onions with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill an assortment of peppers and sliced onions to char, but with crunch still to them. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and add 4 cloves of garlic, sauté to season the oil. Toss in the peppers and onions add a few fresh herbs, basil oregano, and rosemary. Cook until the peppers are soft or less if you prefer a firmer texture Grill olive oil brushed hoagie, Chicago or sub rolls…fill each roll with a sausage, some peppers and onions. Grate provolone over and sprinkle with ground red pepper flakes for a little more heat if you have used mild or sweet peppers.